Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dinesh Patel <Di...@marconi.com> on 2002/07/30 13:53:24 UTC

apache/mod_perl help

I'm trying upgrade my mod_perl version from 1.27 to 1.99.02 for
apache-2.0.39.

 version 1.27 of mod_perl was compiled using :

     CC=cc OPTIM=-O $INET_TOP/bin/$OPSYS/perl Makefile.PL \
                DO_HTTPD=1 PERL_AUTHEN=1 PERL_SECTIONS=1

      make

The question is how do I compile 1.99.02 with the PERL_AUTHEN  and PERL_SELCTIONS
enabled!

I have compiled the new version of mod_perl without the PERL values,

The httpd.conf was edited to include :
# mod_perl stuff
Alias /cgi-bin/ /INDATA/inet_data/httpd/cgi-bin/
<Location /cgi-bin>
SetHandler  perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
PerlSetupEnv On
Options ExecCGI
</Location>
PerlWarn On
PerlScript /INDATA/inet_data/httpd/cgi-bin/startup.pl

however when i try and start the apache server i get the error :

Syntax error on line 1067 of /INDATA/inet_data/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlSetEnv', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Dinesh Patel

Re: apache/mod_perl help

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Dinesh Patel wrote:
> I'm trying upgrade my mod_perl version from 1.27 to 1.99.02 for
> apache-2.0.39.
>
>  version 1.27 of mod_perl was compiled using :
>
>      CC=cc OPTIM=-O $INET_TOP/bin/$OPSYS/perl Makefile.PL \
>                 DO_HTTPD=1 PERL_AUTHEN=1 PERL_SECTIONS=1
>
>       make
>
> The question is how do I compile 1.99.02 with the PERL_AUTHEN  and PERL_SELCTIONS
> enabled!

It's too early to upgrade to mod_perl 2.0. Not all features are
implemented (which is the case with <Perl> sections). For more info see:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/index.html