Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Afshartous, Nick" <ni...@proactcorp.com> on 2002/09/24 18:27:18 UTC

Firewall and Struts inhibit CSS references

	We have run into an issue with references to CSS files.
	The references have this form

	<link rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css"
href="/strutstest/css/adm_01.css">

	We have set up the application in our DMZ and the pages are rendered
fine for us,
	however for one of our customers who is viewing from behind a
firewall, the stylesheets
	are not being found/applied.

	We have tested the pages via a non-Struts servlet and that works
fine for the
	customer, so somehow
	the combination of Struts and the external firewall are causing the
problem.
	If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, thanks.

--
    Nick

RE: Firewall and Struts inhibit CSS references

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
The request made by the browser for the text file
"/strutstest/css/adm_01.css" is handled by your web server.  It never even
makes it to the servlet container, much less the struts action servlet.

You should consult the firewall documentation or try a bit more debugging
with your firewall software.  I run a very restrictive firewall on my home
server and it handles .css just fine.

Good Luck!

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Firewall and Struts inhibit CSS references

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.

--
Eddie Bush