Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by philippe sekine <pk...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/07 22:30:08 UTC

XMP parser

Hello,

I hope this is the correct space for this message.

While using the XMP framework for graphics commons I noticed that certain
tags can cause NULL pointer exceptions and force the library to return no
results. I've attached a change to xmphandler.java which at least allows
apps to continue and return the rest of the data. If you would like an
example image to produce the error please e-mail me.

I wouldn't consider this a very elegant fix but I at least wanted to bring
the issue to your attention.

-Philippe Sekine
pksekine@gmail.com

Re: XMP parser

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Philippe sent me two files to reproduce the problem with. I was able to
fix the problem. Your proposed fix, Philippe, would only have
skipped/ignored some values. The actual problem was that the shorthand
form for structures wasn't implemented, yet, which I've done now:

On 07.08.2008 22:30:08 philippe sekine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope this is the correct space for this message.
>
> While using the XMP framework for graphics commons I noticed that certain
> tags can cause NULL pointer exceptions and force the library to return no
> results. I've attached a change to xmphandler.java which at least allows
> apps to continue and return the rest of the data. If you would like an
> example image to produce the error please e-mail me.
>
> I wouldn't consider this a very elegant fix but I at least wanted to bring
> the issue to your attention.
>
> -Philippe Sekine
> pksekine@gmail.com

Jeremias Maerki

Re: XMP parser

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 07.08.2008 22:30:08 philippe sekine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope this is the correct space for this message.

Yes, it's the right place.

> While using the XMP framework for graphics commons I noticed that certain
> tags can cause NULL pointer exceptions and force the library to return no
> results. I've attached a change to xmphandler.java which at least allows
> apps to continue and return the rest of the data. If you would like an
> example image to produce the error please e-mail me.

Yes, please send me an example so I can reproduce the problem. Thanks.

> I wouldn't consider this a very elegant fix but I at least wanted to bring
> the issue to your attention.

Thanks.

> -Philippe Sekine
> pksekine@gmail.com