Posted to user@hive.apache.org by hadoop hive <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/20 10:43:09 UTC

ower of hive table

hi folks,

I have a quick question, suppose I create a table in hive by a user and
after sometime I want to change the owner of the table.

1- how can I change the owner of the table.
2- does I also need to change the directory owner
3- or what is the feasible way to do that.

thanks
hadoophive

Re: ower of hive table

Posted by Abdelrahman Shettia <as...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi All ,

The ownership of hive table is controlled by the ownership of its hdfs dir.
The table dir on hdfs ownership can be changed by running the following
command.

hadoop fs -chown $user:$grp -R $table_dir

$table_dir:  can be obtained by running in hive shell .
> desc extended 'table_name' ;

Hope this help.

Thanks
-Abdelrahman