Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Amir Abbasi <ab...@tebyanidc.ir> on 2016/01/03 13:18:46 UTC

RE: How to replace Primary Storage

Hi,

I've enabled maintenance mode on Primary storage 1 and it stopped and moved all vm' on that storage and moved to another PS automatically. But only vmdk files have been moved and "vmx, log and other small files related to Vm's still exist on Primary storage 1. This is why I can't unmount that from vmware. Any idea about forcing CS/VMware to recreate those config files on new PS. I know if I stop the VM's and move storages to third PS will fix the problem probably.

Posted by Amir Abbasi <ab...@tebyanidc.ir>.
I got it. After migrating the configuration file of the datastore and
rebooting the VM that is fine now. is this process risky, I am going to that
for functional VM's.

thanks

Are you able to storage vmotion the VM's across?

Kind regards

Kevin Walker
+968 99371303
+44 7714303479