Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Charles Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/22 15:22:44 UTC

Post plugin:download action

Hi All,

Is there any built-in mechanism for performing tasks after downloading a
plugin (or at least after the plugin is expanded to the cache directory)?
What I would like to do is allow my plugin to do things immediately after
someone downloads it.

For example, I have developed a plugin that defines additional templates for
use with the standard genapp plugin.  When someone downloads my plugin, I
want my plugin to perform some "initialization".  In this particular case, I
want my plugin to "initialize" itself by copying its template files to
${user.home}/.maven/template (after clearing out old copies of its template
files), which is a standard location that the genapp plugin searches for
templates.

Is there any way to do this, or is this an RFE?

Of course, within my plugin I could add a postGoal for plugin:download to do
this, but that won't help the first time someone downloads my plugin.

Cheers,
Chuck

RE: Post plugin:download action

Posted by Charles Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com>.

Nope.  Doesn't get executed unless you execute a goal/preGoal/postGoal from
that plugin.

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.