Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@apache.org> on 2009/03/02 11:54:35 UTC

Re: Tuscany maven archetypes

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> We'd need test/distribution support to test them.

So I guess to do that as part of an itest it needs to run the maven
archetype plugin to create a new project in the target folder, then build
that new project, deploy the jar/war to a runtime and run some tests. I'm
not sure exactly how to do that (as part of the build create a new maven
project and then build that project) so before i start looking does anyone
have any ideas on how to do that itesting?

  ...ant

Re: Tuscany maven archetypes

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:54 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > We'd need test/distribution support to test them.
> >

> So I guess to do that as part of an itest it needs to run the maven
> archetype plugin to create a new project in the target folder, then build
> that new project, deploy the jar/war to a runtime and run some tests. I'm
> not sure exactly how to do that (as part of the build create a new maven
> project and then build that project) so before i start looking does anyone
> have any ideas on how to do that itesting?
>
>   ...ant

I don't know either but I'd start by dropping out of maven if possible, e.g.
drop out to an ant script. The first question is can you do

mvn -> ant -> mvn

without any problems. I guess we could just exec the second mvn command.

Simon