Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/01 03:44:01 UTC

Re: Building files with different jdk versions

You probably should separate your project into different projects each
containing the set of files you want, allowing each one to use it's own
compiler:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/compile-using-different-jdk.html

Or if you can get away with it (which most people can), just using the
higher version compiler and setting the lower target/source for the lower
projects (eg, use javac 1.5 always, but set target as 1.4 when necessary).

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/set-compiler-source-and-target.html

However  if you reeeeaallly need to keep the files in a single project, put
the set of "some files" you described into a separate directory - and
include that directory using this:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/howto.html

Called under a profile:

http://sonatype.com/book/profiles.html

Isn't diverging from the standard fun?  ;-P

Eric

--
Eric Redmond
http://www.sonatype.com