Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2013/12/04 23:26:43 UTC

qmf2 won't build on trunk

I'm seeing these errors when trying to build the trunk:

In file included from
/home/aconway/qpid/debug/bindings/qmf2/ruby/rubyRUBY_wrap.cxx:1883:0:
/home/aconway/qpid/qpid/cpp/include/qmf/exceptions.h:26:4: error: #error "The
API defined in this file has been DEPRECATED and will be removed in the future."
/home/aconway/qpid/qpid/cpp/include/qmf/exceptions.h:27:4: error: #error "Define
'QMF_USE_DEPRECATED_API' to enable continued use of the API."

If the API is deprecated then ideally we should stop using it. Failing that we
should set QMF_USE_ DEPRECATED_API specifically for the files that need it so we
can build the trunk.

Cheers
Alan.

Re: qmf2 won't build on trunk

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
Chuck's correct - for some reason the ruby swig is not picking up the following change to cpp/include/qmf/qmf2.i:

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/qpid/branches/0.26/qpid/cpp/include/qmf/qmf2.i?r1=1545842&r2=1545841&pathrev=1545842

Andrew and I have hit this before, spent some time on it and couldn't noodle out why ruby has this dependency issue.  The corresponding Python binding apparently doesn't and the cmake configurations are identical, AFAIKT.

I'll look into it a bit more, but for now you'll have to manually clean out the swig generated ruby sources from your build, sorry.

-K

> I think that the intent was to set QMF_USE_DEPRECATED_API on all
> files that needed it. This build path must have slipped through
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5369 and needs to be
> touched to make it work.
>
> -Chuck

-K

Re: qmf2 won't build on trunk

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.

Re: qmf2 won't build on trunk

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 17:26 -0500, Alan Conway wrote:
> I'm seeing these errors when trying to build the trunk:
>
> In file included from
> /home/aconway/qpid/debug/bindings/qmf2/ruby/rubyRUBY_wrap.cxx:1883:0:
> /home/aconway/qpid/qpid/cpp/include/qmf/exceptions.h:26:4: error: #error "The
> API defined in this file has been DEPRECATED and will be removed in the future."
> /home/aconway/qpid/qpid/cpp/include/qmf/exceptions.h:27:4: error: #error "Define
> 'QMF_USE_DEPRECATED_API' to enable continued use of the API."
>
> If the API is deprecated then ideally we should stop using it. Failing that we
> should set QMF_USE_ DEPRECATED_API specifically for the files that need it so we
> can build the trunk.

I checked in a fix for this yesterday - (as part of QPID-5394) let me
know if it still fails.

Andrew