Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Julian Dunn <Ju...@cbc.ca> on 2007/12/12 17:19:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.59 on non-standard port & interactions with mod_jk/Tomcat

Hello,

I currently have a web farm behind a load balancer. The load balancer is configured to listen only on port 80 and to send requests to a particular URL, say "/foo", to TCP port 5001 on the web servers where I have an Apache 2.0.59 instance running. "/foo" is actually a JkMount to a Tomcat application.

The problem is that within Tomcat, the application causes an HTTP redirect to be sent to /foo/blah.jsp. Unfortunately, the response comes back as:

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:16:11 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.59 (Linux/SuSE) mod_jk/1.2.6-dev
Location: http://hostname-of-the-load-balancer:5001/foo/blah.jsp

The load balancer isn't listening on port 5001, obviously. What piece of this equation is misconfigured, and what do I need to get Tomcat to send the redirect response without the port number? (It *is* Tomcat doing this, and not Apache per se; I packet-sniffed the AJP traffic to determine that -- but I noticed that the port 5001 does appear in the initial JK request from Apache to Tomcat.)

- Julian

--
-- Julian C. Dunn, P.Eng.  <Ju...@cbc.ca>
-- Assistant Team Lead, Media Production Support, CBC Technology