Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Pinar Bicioglu <p....@CustomerDialogue.com> on 2001/05/03 17:14:42 UTC

Applications with Tomcat using ant

Hi,
Could somebody please tell me how is ant related to Tomcat...How does this
reflect on "build.xml"...

Thanks a lot

Re: Applications with Tomcat using ant

Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.
At 05:14 PM 03/05/01, you wrote:

>Hi,
>Could somebody please tell me how is ant related to Tomcat...How does this
>reflect on "build.xml"...

AFAIK:
There's no direct relation, other than that they are both part of
jakarta-apache, and perhaps some of the developers have worked on both. Ant
is used as it is a platform independent way of building java projects - and
a very efficient and easy to use (IMHO) way at that.

If you haven't used it, I suggest you give it a go.

Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo:

RE: Applications with Tomcat using ant

Posted by Kurt Olsen <ko...@get2hawaii.com>.
Ant is a platform independent build-tool.
Tomcat is an http server and jsp/servlet container.
Tomcat is built with ant
They are not 'related' per-se.