Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Vishal.Arora" <vi...@value-one.com> on 2010/11/22 07:16:43 UTC

Special Charactor escaping issue

Hello All,
              I am Searching for escaping " in a query in solr i.e when i
searched for 3"
i.e my query is
http://localhost:8983/solr/core-1/select/?q=3%22&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

Solr Returns

org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException: Cannot parse '3"': Lexical
error at line 1, column 3.  Encountered: <EOF> after : ""

after that i escape double quot wi "\" like 3\" its work but returns all the
result with value contianing 3 not 3"

Can anyone help me out to show result containg 3" in solr

Regards
Vishal Arora

Re: Special Charactor escaping issue

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
This question would be better asked on the solr user's list. And you need
to include the definitions of the field in question, both type and field
definitions. Also the results of your query with &debugQuery=on
would be useful.

You might want to review:

Best
Erick