Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Stan Weinronk <we...@greenvine.com> on 2001/04/27 03:07:10 UTC

Java soap to Microsoft service WITHOUT mapTypes

Hi

It is great that a java client can utilize a MS SOAP service by mapping the
return parameters to a deserializer, e.g.,
	smr.mapTypes (Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC, new QName ("", "Result"), null,
null, sd);

However, this requirement forces a very tight contract between the service
and the client.  If the service was extended to return a new parameter
"Result2" (perhaps of no interest to existing clients) then it would break
the existing java clients.  (I know that some may consider this a good
thing.)

Is there any reasonable way to get around this problem?  Any way to inspect
the service and ask it what the names of its return parameters are, or set
up a "default" deserializer?

Regards,

Stan

Re: Java soap to Microsoft service WITHOUT mapTypes

Posted by Rahul Kirthivasan <he...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Stan,

I was wondering how you determine the name of
the returned variable as "Result". Is it the
name of the variable name that is returned by the
service or is it a standard name "Result"
that is found in the SDL/WSDL file. I would like
to know how to find out the name of the
returned type when mapping using SMR::mapTypes()

Thanks,
Rahul.

Posted by Rahul Kirthivasan <he...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Stan,