Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Klavon <dk...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/02 04:52:49 UTC

Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Now that there is an official logo image for Geronimo, we thought that
it would be useful to extend the color scheme, font style, icon use,
etc. across the various user interfaces in the project, and create a
common 'visual appearance' for the Geronimo project for v1.0.  The Epiq
Team, the recent winners of the logo contest, have drafted some ideas of
what an integrated suite would look like to get the discussion going in
the community.  While there are many details to be worked out on each of
the respective interfaces, we would like to get the community feedback
on the general approach and style.  If found favorable, we could begin
to create the icon libraries and other style sheets for implementation.

http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/ServerConsoleMain.htm
http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/ServerConsoleLogon.htm
http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/GeronimoWelcomeScreen.htm
http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/DebugConsoleMain.htm
http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/DebugConsoleLogon.htm
http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/DaytraderLogo.htm

I think the Epiq Team has really showcased their award winning skills in
giving Geronimo a professional look and integrated-suite feel that would
add great value to the v1.0 delivery.  Let us know what everyone thinks...

Dave

Re: Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 11/1/05, David Klavon <dk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now that there is an official logo image for Geronimo, we thought that
> it would be useful to extend the color scheme, font style, icon use,
> etc. across the various user interfaces in the project, and create a
> common 'visual appearance' for the Geronimo project for v1.0.  The Epiq
> Team, the recent winners of the logo contest, have drafted some ideas of
> what an integrated suite would look like to get the discussion going in
> the community.  While there are many details to be worked out on each of
> the respective interfaces, we would like to get the community feedback
> on the general approach and style.  If found favorable, we could begin
> to create the icon libraries and other style sheets for implementation.
>
> http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/ServerConsoleMain.htm
> http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/ServerConsoleLogon.htm
> http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/GeronimoWelcomeScreen.htm
> http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/DebugConsoleMain.htm
> http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/DebugConsoleLogon.htm
> http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/DaytraderLogo.htm
>
> I think the Epiq Team has really showcased their award winning skills in
> giving Geronimo a professional look and integrated-suite feel that would
> add great value to the v1.0 delivery.  Let us know what everyone thinks...

Wow, the this work is outstanding! I'd like to see the Epiq Team help
the Geronimo team with the web design of these and other web apps,
maybe even including the Geronimo website.  IMO, adding this level of
polish to the Geronimo Console is awesome. Nice work!

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
Sachin,

Great job!!!!

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Very cool :D

-dain

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
I agree with Dain .... very cool.

The more places we can paste our logo, the better.   :-)

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

--
Sachin

Re: Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
Coool. I like it.
 Also, I like the welcome page inside the console to be the welcome page (*or
something similar*) you'd get at http://localhost:8080/. IMHO, the Server
Info does't look like a good first page inside the console. Maybe it's just
me.
 Cheers,
Prasad

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Very nice.  Congrats...your quiver overfloweth :-0

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Jeff Genender wrote:
> Why yes it is!  Thanks for pointing it out...I haven't been as attentive
> as I should be...I just found out I am a dad-to-be for a third time ;-)
>  So my head has been slightly elsewhere :)
>
> Jeff

Jeff, Congrats!

Bill

Re: Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Nov 2, 2005, at 11:48 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> On 11/2/05, Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com> wrote:
>
>> Why yes it is!  Thanks for pointing it out...I haven't been as
>> attentive
>> as I should be...I just found out I am a dad-to-be for a third
>> time ;-)
>>   So my head has been slightly elsewhere :)
>>

> I BIG congrats to Jeff and his wife! Today is their 10th wedding
> anniversary and she gave him the gift of a third child on the way.
> Woooooooohoooooooo!!!

I'm sure he had something to do with it ;)

Congradulations, Jeff y felicitaciones a tu esposa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know David is an awfully popular name these days (ahem).

-David

Re: Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Nov 2, 2005, at 11:39 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Why yes it is!  Thanks for pointing it out...I haven't been as
> attentive as I should be...I just found out I am a dad-to-be for a
> third time ;-)  So my head has been slightly elsewhere :)

Wow! Congratulation.  Alan and Geir can help you with your one arm
baby holding, one arm typing skills :)

-dain

Re: Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Isn't this it?

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Bruce Snyder wrote:
> On 11/2/05, Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com> wrote:
>

>>Very nice!  How about a "Powered by Apache Geronimo" logo for folks to display on their AG powered websites or
>>in their Apache Geronimo derivitive distros?
>

> There is a powered by image on the lower right-hand corner of this page:
>
> http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/GeronimoWelcomeScreen.htm
>
> But I'm sure that the Epiq team would be willing to design some more.

Bruce,
This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for pointing it out.

Bill

Re: Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
WOW!  This is simply stunning.  We're going to have the best looking
stuff out there.

Does the Epiq team want to take a crack at the Geronimo website?

On Nov 1, 2005, at 8:09 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> Well, I like them, although I might question the choice of a
> browser :-)
>
> I'm not sure we want any graphics for the debug console, or any
> security for it.

I think graphics will be ok for the debug console, but agree about
not adding security to it.

Thanks for the obvious hard work, and all the time you must have
spent on this... sooooo cool

-dain

Re: Common Visual Design for Geronimo's User Interfaces

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Well, I like them, although I might question the choice of a browser :-)

I'm not sure we want any graphics for the debug console, or any
security for it.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Barry van Someren <go...@gmail.com>.
That's great :-)
I was working on a Swing app to interact with Geronimo and I was using
the Crystal icons (http://www.everaldo.com/crystal.html) for this.
(basically was just tossing together screens and was planning to hook
them up when I have some time)
In the name of consistency I'd have to use these though.

Definitely looks awesome!

Posted by Stefan Schmidt <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
Absolutely wonderful.  Nice job.