Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Paul Smith <pa...@lawlex.com.au> on 2004/02/11 00:08:17 UTC

Re: org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender does not have an SMTPPort option

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 09:41, Moses Hohman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Providing the ability to use a nonstandard port with SMTPAppender is
> useful for unit testing. I have attached a patch that provides this
> option. Could this be considered for incorporation into log4j?

This is a good idea.  Does anyone have a preference for the actual
property name? (eg. SMTPPort vs. Port).  All the other Socket-based
appenders use Port I believe, and there might be some value in keeping
it standard.

But otherwise I think it's a good addition to 1.3.

cheers,

Paul Smith

Re: org.apache.log4j.net.SMTPAppender does not have an SMTPPort option

Posted by Moses Hohman <mm...@northwestern.edu>.
Also, I noticed after sending in the patch that instead of checking if
smtpPort != 25 before setting the mail.smtp.port property, it would be
better to use the constant I defined, i.e. if (smtpPort !=
DEFAULT_SMTP_PORT)

thanks!

Moses