Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mi...@swissre.com on 2004/10/13 10:51:15 UTC

Problems downloading dependencies

i am using Maven release 1.0, normally I never had a problem, but from a
computer I can notice the following nasty behaviour when downloading
dependencies:

Attempting to download sje-config.jar.
Getting URL:
http://scm.zrh.swissre.com:8080/releases/sje/jars/sje-config.jar
Received status code: 200
last-modified = Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:14:47 GMT (1080648887000)
7/7K
7K downloaded
Local timestamp: -1
Remote timestamp: 1080648887000
Getting URL:
http://scm.zrh.swissre.com:8080/releases/sje/jars/sje-config.jar.md5
Response content length is not known
Received status code: 404
Attempting to download sr-hcf-v3-3.6.1.jar.
Getting URL:
http://scm.zrh.swissre.com:8080/releases/hcf/jars/sr-hcf-v3-3.6.1.jar
Received status code: 200
last-modified = Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:02:35 GMT (1095926555000)
64/1159K
71/1159K
74/1159K
75/1159K
78/1159K
79/1159K
82/1159K
83/1159K
86/1159K
87/1159K
90/1159K
91/1159K
94/1159K
95/1159K
98/1159K
99/1159K
102/1159K
103/1159K
106/1159K
107/1159K
110/1159K
111/1159K
114/1159K
115/1159K
118/1159K
119/1159K
122/1159K
123/1159K
126/1159K
127/1159K
130/1159K
131/1159K
132/1159K
Error retrieving artifact from
[http://scm.zrh.swissre.com:8080/releases/hcf/jars/sr-hcf-v3-3.6.1.jar]:
java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum connections
reached?): recv failed
Error details
java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum connections
reached?): recv failed
      at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:111)
      at java.io.PushbackInputStream.read(PushbackInputStream.java:161)
      at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:111)
      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ContentLengthInputStream.read(ContentLengthInputStream.java:167)
      at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:111)
      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.AutoCloseInputStream.read(AutoCloseInputStream.java:142)
      at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:90)
      at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.AutoCloseInputStream.read(AutoCloseInputStream.java:161)
      at org.apache.maven.util.HttpUtils.process(HttpUtils.java:572)
      at
org.apache.maven.util.HttpUtils.retrieveArtifact(HttpUtils.java:538)
      at org.apache.maven.util.HttpUtils.getFile(HttpUtils.java:381)
      at org.apache.maven.util.HttpUtils.getFile(HttpUtils.java:287)
      at org.apache.maven.util.HttpUtils.getFile(HttpUtils.java:181)
      at
org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.getRemoteArtifact(DependencyVerifier.java:326)
      at
org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.getDependencies(DependencyVerifier.java:255)
      at
org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.satisfyDependencies(DependencyVerifier.java:171)
      at
org.apache.maven.verifier.DependencyVerifier.verify(DependencyVerifier.java:97)
      at
org.apache.maven.project.Project.verifyDependencies(Project.java:1365)
      at
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.attainGoals(PluginManager.java:510)
      at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.attainGoals(MavenSession.java:266)
      at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:486)
      at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1215)
      at
      at
      at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
      at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
Getting URL:  http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/hcf/jars/sr-hcf-v3-3.6.1.jar
sending ==> If-Modified-Since: Tue, 12-Oct-04 13:24:50 GMT
(1097587490362)
Received status code: 404
File not found on one of the repos
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/hcf/jars/sr-hcf-v3-3.6.1.jar
      at
org.apache.maven.util.HttpUtils.retrieveArtifact(HttpUtils.java:547)
[...]
Artifact /hcf/jars/sr-hcf-v3-3.6.1.jar doesn't exists in remote repository,
but it exists locally

The problem now is that the file is downloaded partially and all subsequent
operations are corrupted.

has anyone ever experimented such a problem ?

Best Regards

Michele

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information
may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message and notify the sender

Re: Problems downloading dependencies

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
This only happens on your own repository, right? External ones seem to
download ok?

Is it some limitation on your internal server that causes the error?

Googling the exact error message: "No buffer space available (maximum
connections
reached?): recv failed" indicates there are some problems with servers
running on Windows under older versions of the JVM...

Posted by Mi...@swissre.com.
Hello Brett,

thanks for the quick answer, unfortunately does not get any better:
I tried to erase all the local repository with no results, some jars are
correctly downloaded others have a this problems, and the behaviour is
random.

Any help would be welcome

Michele

|         |           Brett Porter     |
|         |           <brett.porter@gma|
|         |           il.com>          |
|         |           13/10/2004 11:57 |
|         |           "Maven Users     |
|         |           List"            |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                                       |
  |                                                                                                                       |
  |        To:                                         Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>                          |
  |        cc:                                         (bcc: Michele Forte/SwissRe)                                       |
  |        bcc:                                        Michele Forte/SwissRe                                              |
  |        Subject:                                    Re: Problems downloading dependencies                              |

the partially downloaded problem is a known bug.

If you remove the local file, does it work the second time?

I'm not sure what that exception is...

- Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.