Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Slik, Nico" <ni...@corusgroup.com> on 2005/12/15 08:42:17 UTC

JMeter on AIX

Hello,

We've build an application end-to-end monitor with JMeter that must run 24 hours a day in batch mode in our production environment.

The problem is that our production environment is AIX and JMeter cannot run the script because it contains HTTPS commands.
The message in JMeter.log is: NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/net/ssl/HostnameVerifier.

This class is normally found in the Java Secure Socket Extension (JSSE) that is part of (for example) the Sun Java environment.
We use the IBM Java environment because Sun's JRE is not supported on AIX, but I cannot find out how to configure JMeter such that is uses IBM's JSSE implementation.

I've tried to set the ssl.provider property in the jmeter.properties file, but don't know the exact value so maybe that's why it didn't work.
The other thing I tried is include the Sun JSSE implementation in the CLASS_PATH, but this also didn't work.

In production we are using:
- IBM AIX version 5.1.0.8
- Jakarta Jmeter 2.1.1
- IBM Java 1.4.2

Can anybody help me in getting the JMeter JSSE configuration right for the IBM JRE?

Regards, Nico Slik