Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> on 2005/09/15 22:51:34 UTC

using DTM (or ?) to pass a source to a transform

Hi,

I am working on some specialized Ant types and tasks for Xalan-j to do
some XSL transformations in a build.

If I can, I want to create an Ant type that will keep an optimized DOM
(DTM) around for use in multiple targets/tasks. I will create a custom
task to handle the transformation using the optimized DOM as some kind
of source.

- I see the DTM is built from a Source object. Can I store a DTM for
multiple transformations (that will occur one after the other - not
concurrently)?

The rest of the questions are dependant on the above question :)

- If I can reuse the DTM, is there some way I can pass it in to a JAXP
transformation (i.e. a DTMSource or some such thing)?

- Or will I need to extend TransformerImpl and override the transform
method?

- I see I can use DOM2DTM to getDocument() off of DTMDefaultBase. How
would I construct it?

new DOM2DTM(
   ?new DTMManagerDefault()?,
   myDOMSource,