Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kev Roberts <ke...@hughesrae.co.uk> on 2001/02/06 11:10:07 UTC

deployment in NAS / iAS application servers

Greetings

Apologies is this is a FAQ but I couldn't find it anywhere.

We have started doing some development work using Cocoon as a multi-channel
front end (web, wireless, iTV etc) to a Java 2 system (EJB's etc). For this
reason we want to deploy Cocoon into an application server rather than a web
server with a servlet engine.

For development we are using Orion with great success (a really good,
cheap/free development platform), but for the production system our client
is already using Netscape Application Server (NAS) 4.1. So this is our
target environment (or a later version of the this).

So far we have been unable to get this to work in NAS 4.1 due to problems
registering the servlet to handle requests for XML. We have looked at the
latest version of this application server, now renamed as iAS 6.0, with
service pack 1, but are still running into problems to do with the rewriting
of the URL from the servlet.

Is there anyone out there who has got this working and would be willing to
share a few pointers?

Note I am talking about the iPlanet application server. I know that Cocoon
can be installed in the iPlanet web server and have read the HOWTO for this.

Thanks for your help

Kev

--
Kev Roberts, Technical Design Authority, Morse Hughes Rae
Tel: 01332 826000   Mobile: 07733 001759