Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Kruse, Sebastian" <Se...@hpi.de> on 2014/11/24 16:05:34 UTC

Projects page on Flink web page

Hi everyone,

at HPI, we recently had the idea of a projects page on the Flink web site. Such a page could present programs that have been implemented atop of Flink, ideally with a link to a github repository of the respective project's code. This could bring benefits for both the Flink maintainers and users with it.

At first, these projects could promote the versatility of the Flink platform if the Flink programs are concerned with quite different problems (graph algorithms, machine learning, data analytics, ...). Moreover, a lot of projects underline the relevance of Flink as a GP data processing platform. Last but not least, given a set of readily implemented use cases, a rather non-technical audience (i.e., w/o programming background) could try out Flink without having to write any code (ideally).

Also, such a projects page would be beneficial for the people that write new Flink programs. Without a distribution platform for Flink programs, it is likely that every program written in Flink is only used by its own authors. The project page would be a good place to promote own Flink programs but also to exchange programs, best practices or even subplans and operators.

As I think, that this idea addresses an important issue, I am putting it here for discussion and looking forward to your feedback. :)

Cheers,
Sebastian

Re: Projects page on Flink web page

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
I've created a wiki page for the projects list:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Projects+List

Let me know if something is not working with the Wiki, in particular the
permissions.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Kostas Tzoumas <kt...@apache.org>.