Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Totsline, Greg" <gr...@lmco.com> on 2009/06/05 04:17:32 UTC

java.lang.Exception: Could not load 1/0/org/apache/xml/resolver/tools/ResolvingXMLReader.class

Hi -

When I tried to execute a test of OpenEJB3.1.1 (embedded in a JUnit
test), I got the following error:
java.lang.Exception: Could not load
1/0/org/apache/xml/resolver/tools/ResolvingXMLReader.class

I tried to work around this by using xbean-finder-3.5.jar.  That seemed
to fix the above problem, but then I started getting classdef not found
errors for org.objectweb.asm classes.

This makes me think I have something fundamentally wrong with my
environment (or I am not using the right download, I downloaded 3.1.1
standalone).

Thanks.

Re: java.lang.Exception: Could not load 1/0/org/apache/xml/resolver/tools/ResolvingXMLReader.class

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jun 5, 2009, at 5:02 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2009, at 4:30 AM, Totsline, Greg wrote:
>
>> Hi Jacek -
>>
>> My test is very simple, I have configured OpenEJB with a single
>> stateless session bean and have setup a JUnit test to test the bean's
>> interface.  Unfortunately, my test is not even getting past the
>> construction of the InitialContext in the JUnit setup() method for
>> the
>> test case.  I am executing the test from within Eclipse 3.4.
>>
>> The xbean-finder-shaded-3.6-r779512.jar has classes which seem to be
>> problematic (seems to be treating "1.0" version as part of the
>> classpath).  It also appears that the OpenEJB 3.1.1 release does not
>> have a jar for the package org.objectweb.asm, but it seems to have a
>> dependency on this package.
>>
>> Hope this helps.  In the meantime, is there an earlier version
>> available
>> for download that I could use (I am new to OpenEJB so even an earlier
>> version would be helpful for learning purposes).
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> The xbean-finder-shaded-3.6-r779512.jar uses a repackaged version of
> ASM to avoid conflicts with other libraries like Hibernate or Spring
> that use different versions of ASM.  So basically when you remove
> that jar and add in the older xbean-finder-3.5.jar it adds a
> dependency on org.objectweb.asm that is otherwise not needed.
>
> There was a fix for the xbean-finder bug you point out and I had
> thought it was applied in the xbean version we use, but apparently
> it was not.  I'll follow up on that and see if I can make you a new
> xbean-finder jar that has the issue fixed.

Hi Greg,

Here's that replacement jar for xbean-finder-shaded:

  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/xbean-finder-shaded-3.6-r784993.jar

This should safely ignore the invalid paths containing any class files
whose paths contain dots, such as '1.0'.

Let us know if you have any issues with the jar.

-David

Re: java.lang.Exception: Could not load 1/0/org/apache/xml/resolver/tools/ResolvingXMLReader.class

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Totsline, Greg<gr...@lmco.com> wrote:

> Hope this helps.  In the meantime, is there an earlier version available
> for download that I could use (I am new to OpenEJB so even an earlier
> version would be helpful for learning purposes).

The previous version was 3.1 so 's/3.1.1/3.1' and it should let you
lay your hands on it.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

RE: java.lang.Exception: Could not load 1/0/org/apache/xml/resolver/tools/ResolvingXMLReader.class

1/0/org/apache/xml/resolver/tools/ResolvingXMLReader.class

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Totsline, Greg<gr...@lmco.com>
wrote:

> This makes me think I have something fundamentally wrong with my
> environment (or I am not using the right download, I downloaded 3.1.1
> standalone).

I don't think it's your fault. They all look so similar and I hope
appropriate fixes went into 3.1.1. Could you let us know how you run
the test? I'm reproducing it, but would love getting more hints in
case I'm unfortunate to achieve it.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: java.lang.Exception: Could not load 1/0/org/apache/xml/resolver/tools/ResolvingXMLReader.class

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.