Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/02 19:09:35 UTC

deep dive on the reef evaluator architecture

Hi Reef Experts,
I've been deep diving into the codebase to try to find where we have access
to the actual reef evaluators , my goal is to be able to launch the reef
evaluators that I have created using the dataloader architecture with the
spark executor API without needing to run a new reef client, I have read
through the HelloREEFNOClient example as well as the Evaluator and the
EvaluatorManager classes but don't see anything that is jumping out to
answer my questions.  Would love some further guidance on this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: deep dive on the reef evaluator architecture

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Hi,

REEF Evaluators are launched in
`org.apache.reef.runtime.common.driver.evaluator.AllocatedEvaluatorImpl#launch`.
From there, the configuration and all is handed to
the `ResourceLaunchHandler` configured for the runtime. That runtime will
copy the files to the right places and launch the commandline as specified.

The `main()` function of a Evaluator is
`org.apache.reef.runtime.common.REEFLauncher#main`. In fact, that is the
same entry point used for the Driver. The two only differ in the
Configuration they use to instantiate the `Clock`.

Hope this helps,

Markus