Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by "ypw89724@126.com" <yp...@126.com> on 2016/12/01 07:50:01 UTC

Some Questions About Tableau Connected to Apache Kylin

Hi !
Now we testing Tableau connected to Kylin, we found some puzzled phenomenon.
1. when we create datasource and drag a table into datasource. It's display "loading metadata" and kylin log record "select * from table". In 1.5 ODBC It's no record and very fast.

2.We use tableau desktop publish workbook, and use tableau server edit workbook, it's ok. But publish data source and create workbook on server. it has an error when we drag a measure. 1.5 and 1.6 odbc both have this error.

袁鹏文  Pengwen Yuan

Re: Some Questions About Tableau Connected to Apache Kylin

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.
Some tips to help you:

   - here
   <https://github.com/albertoRamon/Kylin/tree/master/KylinWithTableau>:
   manual to Kylin and tableau . I tested Kylin 1.5.x Odbc1.5 Tableau 9
   and Kylin 1.6 Odbc 1.6 Tableau 10. Both combinations works fine
   - Yes, there is some warning when load metadata, but only the first time
   (the others works fine)
   - Test your queries with Kylin UI (copy and paste)
   - I have similar problem
   <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kylin-user/201611.mbox/%3CCANfpUctLvS89_U1ks3TdGqTAifASZ2mPwxJXO7Q3qotGYtTURw%40mail.gmail.com%3E>.
   See responde of @ShaoFeng Shi. and Kylin 1792
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1792>
   - A typical error with ODBC is  choose incorrect version of ODBC 32 <->
   64 & choose incorrect version of windows ODBC Manager (I need write a
   tip about this, because its recurrent problem)

(TIP: With Kylin 1792, we must differentiate between,

 -Return data, and this are correct

- Return data and this aren't correct

- Crash

- No return data