Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/22 01:43:36 UTC

Re: Proxying default methods does not work with 5.5.0-beta-2

I've just committed a fix for this issue.

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:35 PM Oliver Kaiser <ol...@eddyson.de>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> given something like this:
>
> public interface Blub {
>    public default String foo() {
>      return "Default";
>    }
> }
> public class BlubImpl implements Blub {
>    @Override
>    public String foo() {
>      return "Impl";
>    }
> }
>
> when calling "registry.getService(Blub.class).foo()" using beta-1 this
> works as expected (BlubImpl is called); when using beta-2 only the
> default method is called.
>
> the log output of PlasticProxyFactory shows that the method is skipped
> in the generated class
>
> seems to be related to this commit
>
> https://github.com/apache/tapestry-5/commit/709d282bfc626ce55cde07cbf909c0b86c2b4bcb#diff-89a017b694cffee07e15608bc316d0d7
>
> now "proxyInterface(Class, PlasticMethod)" only
> calls "introduceInterface(Class, PasticMethod)" (which skips the method
> as "isDefaultMethod(m)" returns true); earlier versions had an
> additional for-loop which handled this case (at least from stepping
> though in a debugger it looks that way)
>

> that's a regression, right?
>

> btw: thanks to everyone who worked on the 5.4->5.5 transition; updating
> was very smooth!
>

> Regards,
> Oliver

Thiago

Re: Proxying default methods does not work with 5.5.0-beta-2

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 10:03 AM Chris Poulsen <ma...@nesluop.dk>
wrote:

> Hi

Hello!

> I've just gotten around to test our products against Tapestry 5.5
> (master/HEAD) - Everything seems to work fine with the latest code, good
> work!

Thanks for the info!

> Would it be possible to get a tagged beta (or rc) version published to some
> repository that we can rely on for stable builds?
> I can see several 5.4 beta/rc versions in central (
> https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.tapestry/tapestry-core ),
> that would work well for us. I can see a single 5.4-beta on apache staging,
> but it seems unclear how long we can expect things to be present in
> "staging".

Unless we delete the betas, I'd expect them to be present mostly forever.

--
Thiago

Re: Proxying default methods does not work with 5.5.0-beta-2

Posted by Chris Poulsen <ma...@nesluop.dk>.
Hi