Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "thibault.frey@libertysurf.fr" <th...@libertysurf.fr> on 2001/03/02 11:10:44 UTC

[BUG] servlet life cycle

I think there is some problems in tomcat3.3m1 :

1/ the destroy() method of servlets isn't call on shutdown
-> state problem between Context.removeServletByName()
and ServletHandler.destroy()

2/ if a servlet handler falls in STATE_DISABLED,
the underlying servlet can't be reloaded and reinitialized
-> servlet 2.2 specs violation (see 3.3.2.1 and 3.3.3.2)

3/ in the Handler class, a comment says that there is
a transition from STATE_DISABLED to STATE_ADDED via
destroy() method
->  servlet 2.2 specs violation (see 3.3.2.1)

What do you think ?

Thibault FREY

--------------
Jusqu'� 60 heures gratuites
pour toute souscription � l'un des
nouveaux Forfaits Liberty Surf
http://register.libertysurf.fr/subscribe_fr/signup.php3

Re: [BUG] servlet life cycle

Posted by Dan Milstein <da...@shore.net>.
Thanks for these bug reports -- if you enter them into the Bug tracking tool
(Bugzilla), there's a MUCH better chance that they'll get tracked/dealt
with.

The link is:

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Tomcat%203

-Dan