Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Adam Shelley <as...@inlandkwpp.com> on 2003/05/01 00:09:37 UTC

Cocoon interaction - dynamic content

I've installed Cocoon and am looking at how I might be able to plug Cocoon
into an existing environment.  I have a web application that is accessed by
posting xml data to it along with some url parameters and it returns xml
data.  I would like all my dynamic xml data read from this web app but I
would like cocoon to handle everything else.

The problem is I'm very new to cocoon and I can't identify how I would
implement this functionality.  Here is an example of the flow of my dynamic
content:

via http/https to http://somehost/?action=login
2) returns xml data ie

The xml data will have to be acted on and not directly translated into
content.  For example in this situation I would like to set a session
variable to note authentication and continue processing on with the next
page.  If it had come back with a 'no' response I would like to redirect to
the login process.

Would this be implemented at a generator level?  Does xsp handle this type
of thing? Any input regarding this system and what Is going to cause me
problems would be appreciated.  It is important to note that the xml posted
and returned can be in many various formats used for many different types of
processes.  the parameter in the url is what signifies what type of xml data
is expected to be posted and what will be returned.

(I know cocoon has its own authentiation system, i'm just using this as an
example of how the current web applications interact with the backend legacy
system.)

-Adam

RE: Cocoon interaction - dynamic content

Posted by Adam Shelley <as...@inlandkwbc.com>.
This sounds excellent.  I'll check it out.  Cocoon has sooo much power.
Wow.

-Adam

Le Jeudi, 1 mai 2003, à 00:09 Europe/Zurich, Adam Shelley a écrit :

> ... I have a web application that is accessed by
> posting xml data to it along with some url parameters and it returns
> xml
> data.  I would like all my dynamic xml data read from this web app but
> would like cocoon to handle everything else....

You might want to have a look at "Web Services Proxy to the rescue" in
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/generators/wsproxy-
generator.html, and also at
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WebServiceProxyGenerator .

The WSProxy samples (http://localhost:8888/samples/webserviceproxy/)
seem to be broken in the current CVS though, I didn't investigate.

-Bertrand

Re: Cocoon interaction - dynamic content

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.