Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Srini.Jill" <sr...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/26 13:48:06 UTC

How and Where to set asyncSend attribute ?

Hi ,

I am doing the bench mark  testing for the Active MQ5.1 .

I am using a standalone ActiveMQ server and consumer and producer clients
from the Performance plugin of the activeMQ.

While surfing the documentation , i figured out that setting the
useAsyncSend=true will boost the performance .

http://activemq.apache.org/connection-configuration-uri.html

I have a couple of questions regarding the same.

1) How to set this property ?

2) Where to set this property ? if it is at the server side , where exactly
in the activemq.xml

I have tried by setting in the transportConnectors elements of the
activemq.xml.

<transportConnectors>
         <transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useAsyncSend=true"
discoveryUri="multicast://default" />
</transportConnectors>

and in the client side ,

 mvn activemq-perf:consumer
-Durl=broker:tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useAsyncSend=true
-DsysTest.propsConfigFile=src/main/resources/consumer-conf/AMQ-Cons-5-1-queue.properties

 mvn activemq-perf:producer
-Durl=broker:tcp://localhost:61616?jms.useAsyncSend=true
-DsysTest.propsConfigFile=src/main/resources/producer-conf/AMQ-Cons-5-1-queue.properties

I could able to generate the report but in the reports i could see
useAsyncSen=false and the through put is also very low.

Please let me know , how to test the performance with useAsyncSen=true on a
standalone installation .

Regards,
Jill

Re: How and Where to set asyncSend attribute ?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/8/26 Srini.Jill <sr...@gmail.com>:

> Hi ,
>
> I am doing the bench mark  testing for the Active MQ5.1 .
>
> I am using a standalone ActiveMQ server and consumer and producer clients
> from the Performance plugin of the activeMQ.
>
> While surfing the documentation , i figured out that setting the
> useAsyncSend=true will boost the performance .
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/connection-configuration-uri.html
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding the same.
>
> 1) How to set this property ?

Use the example on the above URL, setting that URL on the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory's brokerURL property

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: How and Where to set asyncSend attribute ?

Posted by "Srini.Jill" <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gary ,

Thanx for the info .

My basic doubts get clarified .

I have executed the performance test with the help of activeMQ performance
plug in .

How to interpet the results .

The summary of the Report is as fallows :

<props>
<prop key='SystemTotalTP'>41949</prop>
<prop key='SystemTotalClients'>4</prop>
<prop key='SystemAveTP'>134.88424437299037</prop>
<prop key='SystemAveEMMTP'>133.81350482315113</prop>
<prop key='SystemAveClientTP'>33.72106109324759</prop>
<prop key='SystemAveClientEMMTP'>33.453376205787784</prop>
<prop key='MinClientTP'>clientName=JmsProducer1,value=0</prop>
<prop key='MaxClientTP'>clientName=JmsProducer0,value=89</prop>
<prop key='MinClientTotalTP'>clientName=JmsProducer2,value=10446</prop>
<prop key='MaxClientTotalTP'>clientName=JmsProducer1,value=10538</prop>
<prop
key='MinClientAveTP'>clientName=JmsProducer2,value=33.58842443729903</prop>
<prop
key='MaxClientAveTP'>clientName=JmsProducer1,value=33.88424437299035</prop>
<prop
key='MinClientAveEMMTP'>clientName=JmsProducer0,value=33.30546623794212</prop>
<prop
key='MaxClientAveEMMTP'>clientName=JmsProducer1,value=33.62379421221865</prop>
</props>

What exactel thes figures means . What is the unit of time that was refered
in calculating the TP.

Is that secs  or milli seconds.

Regards,
Jill