Posted to user@flume.apache.org by dw...@here.com on 2013/11/07 20:24:15 UTC

parsing env variables in a flume conf file

How do I parse or call environment variables inside a flume config file?  For example, I have a flume config file that has an s3 sink setup.  Right now I have AWS access and secret keys hard coded into the config file.  I would like to store them some where else and pick them up in the config file as an env variable.  Flume docs talk about putting env variables into flume-env.sh which is fine but how do I reference then in the config file when they are need such as the above scenario?

Regards,
Dwight

Dwight Marzolf
Sr. Engineer