Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Tom Widmer <To...@camcog.com> on 2014/11/06 15:04:37 UTC

Roadmap

Do you have any thoughts on when 0.7 will get out of beta? I can see a lot of apis have changed (for the better), so I’d rather base my code on v0.7.1 if possible.

Kind regards,

Tom
This email and any attachments are intended only for the addressees and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any processing of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended addressees is prohibited. If you have received this in error, do not take a copy to your computer or removable media, or forward this email. Please contact the sender and delete this material. Cambridge Cognition has monitoring and scanning systems in place in relation to emails sent and received to: monitor / record business communications in order to prevent and detect crime; investigate the use of the Company's internal and external email system; and provide evidence of compliance with business practices. Company Registration Number 4338746 Registered address, Tunbridge Court, Tunbridge Lane, Bottisham, Cambridge, CB25 9TU, UK

Re: Roadmap

Posted by Tom Widmer <To...@camcog.com>.
On 6 Nov 2014, at 15:31, kishore g <g....@gmail.com> wrote:

> At the moment, we don't know. We are looking for feedback from users on the API's before finalizing. Will be great if you can talk about your experience with the APIs good/bad etc.

Thanks.

I prefer the new naming around participants - state transition handler is much better than state model.
There’s a rename (or preferably duplicating and deprecating the old one for backwards compatibility)
that hasn’t been done yet: StateMachineEngine.registerStateModelFactory, should really be
StateMachineEngine.registerStateTransitionHandlerFactory. I like the builder-style interfaces. I’ve not
had that much exposure yet, but the API looks fine.

More javadoc on methods would be useful of course.

Re: Roadmap

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
At the moment, we don't know. We are looking for feedback from users on the
API's before finalizing. Will be great if you can talk about your
experience with the APIs good/bad etc.

thanks,
Kishore G