Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@apache.org> on 2010/02/02 18:06:56 UTC

[ANN] Apache Rampart 1.5 Released

Apache Rampart team is pleased to announce the 1.5 release of Apache Rampart
module.

Apache Rampart is the the security module of Axis2 which provides
implementations of the WS-Sec* specifications for Apache Axis2.  Apache
Rampart 1.5 release is compatible with Axis2 1.5 / 1.5.1 releases. Please
refer to http://ws.apache.org/rampart/ for more information.

You can download the release from:
http://ws.apache.org/rampart/download/1.5/download.cgi

Apache Rampart supports the following specifications:
* WS - Security 1.0 / 1.1
* WS - Security Policy - 1.1 / 1.2
* WS - Secure Conversation - February 2005 / WS-SX
* WS - Trust - February 2005 / WS-SX
* SAML 1.1 / 2.0

Apache Rampart 1.5 can be successfully used with the next Apache Sandesha2
release targeted towards Apache Axis2 1.5 to configure WS-SecureConversation
+ WS-ReliableMessaging scenarios.

New features of Apache Rampart 1.5 includes
* SAML 2.0 support
* Key store caching
* Signing / Encrypting with multiple keys
* Tests for negative scenarios

We welcome any and all feedback at:
Issue Tracker : http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/Rampart

Thank you for your interest in Apache Rampart!

The Rampart Development Team
http://ws.apache.org/rampart/

Re: [ANN] Apache Rampart 1.5 Released

Posted by Thilina Mahesh Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Håkon,

We could not get the SAML 2.0 support with the WSS4J 1.5.8 release.
Hopefully, we will be able to get it by WSS4J 1.5.9 release.

Thanks,
/thilina

Thilina Mahesh Buddhika
http://blog.thilinamb.com