Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Manik Surtani <ma...@espadanet.com> on 2000/02/17 06:17:32 UTC

Using SQLJ in JSPs?

Has anyone tried using Oracle;s SQLJ in JSP pages?  Any idea how this
would work?  Some sample code wouyld be a great help ... !

--
Manik Surtani
Chief Technology Officer

Re: Using SQLJ in JSPs?

Posted by Alex Yiu <ay...@us.oracle.com>.
Hi,

Here is some information on using JSP with SQLJ.

Sorry for the commercial time for the company that I am working for.

You can download ojsp.zip from technet.oracle.com.

Here is how to:

Re: Using SQLJ in JSPs?

Posted by Pete Gordon <pg...@gmabry.com>.
Haven't done JSP's but I have experimented with SQLJ and done Servlets.

I question where would the SQLJ --> Java precompile take place?  I
imagine, if you wrote a JSP with SQLJ in it, it would not pass the SQLJ
precompile with all of the HTML and SCRIPT.  Maybe if you wrote a SQLJ,
precompiled it, and then cut and pasted the java into the JSP, but I
don't think this is the best way.  It's probably better to write a SQLJ
precompile it and then compile it into a class ("bean") and call it from
the JSP.

Any other opinions, I too would like to see sample code if someone has
done this.

Take care,
Pete Gordon