Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Krystian Szczesny <Kr...@intecbilling.com> on 2008/04/28 13:14:52 UTC

Axis + Jetty disable chunking

Hi,

I've got an Axis2 1.3 deployed on Jetty 6.1.5.

I'm having some performance issues with this setup: response is chunked
and time between the chunks is about 60-70ms[!!!].

I wanted to disable the chunking so I've set my axis2.xml file to look
like this:

    <transportSender name="http"

class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender">

        <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="true">HTTP/1.0</parameter>

    </transportSender>

    <transportSender name="https"

class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender">

        <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="true">HTTP/1.0</parameter>

    </transportSender>

Unfortunately I am still receiving HTTP/1.1 chunked responses.

Have you got any idea about what to set to disable chunking?

I am not using Axis2 client so forget about setting the options :/

I spoke with folks from Jetty support mailing list and they've told me,
that Jetty will send chunked response if it doesn't know the content
length at the time of sending the message.

If the settings I've pasted above were working, then I guess Jetty would
receive a full message so it should know the content length.

Am I missing something here?

Best regards,

Krystian

P.s.

Sorry for the crap below, I can't disable it for external messages

--

Krystian Szczesny
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be legally

Re: Axis2 + HTTPS

Posted by SG...@intellicare.com.
Upul,

Thanks very much for explaining that!

- Steve

Steve Gruverman, Programmer
IntelliCare, Inc. | A Medco Health Solutions Company

500 Southborough Drive | South Portland ME 04106

"Upul Godage" <up...@gmail.com> wrote on 04/29/2008 07:17:19 AM:

> See how to enable SSL in Tomcat.
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html
>
> When you deploy Axis2 as a web application (WAR) in Tomcat it just
> acts like a normal web application. The Axis2 servlet receives all
> the requests thorugh Tomcat. After enabling SSL connector Axis2 WAR
> will receive requests through HTTPS in the default port 8443.
>

> If you are running the standalone bundled axis2server, then there is
> a separate HTTPS listener which is disabled in the axis2.xml.
>
> Upul
>

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 10:16 PM, <SG...@intellicare.com> wrote:
> We are providing Axis2(1.3) services using Tomcat (5.5).
> I understand that Tomcat and Axis2 can both be configured to handle
HTTPS.

Re: Axis2 + HTTPS

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.

RE: Axis + Jetty disable chunking

Posted by Krystian Szczesny <Kr...@intecbilling.com>.
No I am not using it.
I've got wsdl files, from which I have generated all the java code
[wsdl2java].
Then I have created a simple class with methods for each operation in a
service.
Then in my aar file I've got service.xml file in which my class is
listed as a ServiceClass and all the operations are listed.

I am not implementing any interface there etc. I am just returning
OMElement.

I must admit, I didn't write it so I might confuse some things.

I am using SOAP UI as a client for testing at the moment.

I've just found a way to get to a ServiceContext from my class and will
try to set the Chunked false options there.

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.

Posted by Krystian Szczesny <Kr...@intecbilling.com>.
Thanks,
Krystian

context.getConfigurationContext.setProperty(HTTPConstants.CHUNKED,Boole

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.

Posted by Krystian Szczesny <Kr...@intecbilling.com>.
Hi Michele,

I am trying to disable Chunking, so
<parameter name="Transfer-Encoding">chunked</parameter>
won't help. I've been googling for other values of Transfer-Encoding
parameter but found none. From HTTP 1.1 specs I can see that this
parameter is for chunking only.

Where can I set
options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.CHUNKED, Boolean.FALSE);
?

I've looked through my auto generated stubs and there are no options
there. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this for client only?

Posted by Michele Mazzucco <Mi...@ncl.ac.uk>.