Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Santiago Mola <sm...@stratio.com> on 2014/09/05 14:29:09 UTC

Re: Flume-kafka problem

> In my project i used flume and  kafkaSink, but with a  strange phenomeno,
the flume didnot work after an hour, that mean the files in flume spooldir
cannot be process normally,
> it seems like something wrong but with no errors,the flume-ng server log
has nothing except the info:

> (Sourcing environment configuration script
/../flume-1.5.0/conf/flume-env.sh
> + exec /../jdk1.7.0_67/bin/java -Xms8192m -Xmx8192m -Xss256k -Xmn2g
 -Dflume.root.logger=INFO -cp '/../flume-1.5.0/conf:/../flume-1.5.0/lib/*'
-Djava.library.path= org.apache.flume.node.Application --conf-file
conf/flume-conf.properties --name producer)

It seems your logging is not set up correctly. How are you starting Flume?

You can try adding the option '--conf conf' option. In your 'conf'
directory you should have a 'log4j.properties' file. The one that comes
with Apache Flume should be ok. Once you get proper logging, you'll be able
to find the source of the problem.

Best regards,
--
Santiago M. Mola