Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/24 11:12:12 UTC

Failing site Hudson job

Hi all,
Infra team is going to do some pruning on Hudson failing jobs, maybe we
should look at our clerezza-site job.
Quote from infra thread:

2010/9/24 Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>

> Be warned, I'll run the script to disable build which been failing for
> more than 31 days on Sunday. This is the current list of such jobs:

> clerezza-site                                      | 3 mo 21 days

I'll try to inspect.
Regards,
Tommaso

Re: Failing site Hudson job

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Tommaso Teofili
<to...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/9/27 Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>
>
> > On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Tommaso Teofili
> > <to...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > Going through the issue with clerezza-site I noticed that the first
> > problem
> > > is on ScalaDoc generation inside SCB Scala Utils module and so I
> wondered
> > > which Scala version it is using.
> > > I took a look at the parent POM, where a scala.version property is
> > defined
> > > and I saw there is 2.8.0.RC5 , I think that it would be better to
> change
> > it
> > > to 2.8.0 (final version).
> > > What do you think?
> > >
> > we should bring everything to the final scala 2.8.0, the main bundles are
> > not below the "parent for all" but in the scala-scripting sibling
> project.
> > The bundleization of scala compile and libraries might no longer be
> needed
> > as the servicemix version could be used instead:
> >

> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.scala-compiler/2.8.0_1/
> >
> > As different Scala versions are not binary compatible it is important not
> > have multiple versions in different modules (remembering some weird
> > errors).
> >

> We should probably go through each Scala module and check versions,

it should just be in org.apache.clerezza.parent and scala-scripting.

> I don't
> know servicemix, what would you do with it ?

I think it is just the same as our scala-bundleization projects
scala-compiler-osgi and scala-library-osgi.

Ciao,
Reto

Re: Failing site Hudson job

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2010/9/27 Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Tommaso Teofili
> <to...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Going through the issue with clerezza-site I noticed that the first
> problem
> > is on ScalaDoc generation inside SCB Scala Utils module and so I wondered
> > which Scala version it is using.
> > I took a look at the parent POM, where a scala.version property is
> defined
> > and I saw there is 2.8.0.RC5 , I think that it would be better to change
> it
> > to 2.8.0 (final version).
> > What do you think?
> >
> we should bring everything to the final scala 2.8.0, the main bundles are
> not below the "parent for all" but in the scala-scripting sibling project.
> The bundleization of scala compile and libraries might no longer be needed
> as the servicemix version could be used instead:
>
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.scala-compiler/2.8.0_1/
>
> As different Scala versions are not binary compatible it is important not
> have multiple versions in different modules (remembering some weird
> errors).

We should probably go through each Scala module and check versions, I don't

Re: Failing site Hudson job

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
<to...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Going through the issue with clerezza-site I noticed that the first problem
> is on ScalaDoc generation inside SCB Scala Utils module and so I wondered
> which Scala version it is using.
> I took a look at the parent POM, where a scala.version property is defined
> and I saw there is 2.8.0.RC5 , I think that it would be better to change it
> to 2.8.0 (final version).
> What do you think?

we should bring everything to the final scala 2.8.0, the main bundles are
not below the "parent for all" but in the scala-scripting sibling project.
The bundleization of scala compile and libraries might no longer be needed
as the servicemix version could be used instead:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.scala-compiler/2.8.0_1/

As different Scala versions are not binary compatible it is important not to
have multiple versions in different modules (remembering some weird errors).

By the way, the issue with Scala Utils was due to an old version of
> maven-scala-plugin and it's now fixed; however latest clerezza-site failed
> inside Platform Dashboard Tests module, now inspecting that one.

I think this plugin should have its version defined in the plugin-management
section of the parent section, so that individual projects need not (and
shall not) specify the version.

Cheers,
reto

Re: Failing site Hudson job

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Failing site Hudson job

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
Thanks Tommaso.

An open issue is how to actually deploy the site generated by hudson
to our site.

reto