Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> on 2016/05/05 20:46:51 UTC

[VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC3

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the fourth candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.10.0.0.

This is a major release that includes: (1) New message format
including timestamps (2) client interceptor API (3) Kafka Streams.
Since this is a major release, we will give people more time to try it
out and give feedback.

This release candidate fixes a major issue with the kafka shell
scripts which prevented Kafka from starting. Thank you, Dana Powers
(official release MVP) for catching the issue.

Since we still have few blockers, there will be additional release
candidate next week.

Release notes for the 0.10.0.0 release:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc3/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Monday, May 09, 9am PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc3/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* scala-doc
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc3/scaladoc

* java-doc
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc3/javadoc/

* tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.0 branch) is the 0.10.0.0 tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=924e5718ca361941a3bb5a0d1a5aaec93d0a97fe

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/documentation.html

* Protocol: