Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Robin Carnow <ro...@goldbot.com> on 2013/05/31 17:47:46 UTC

Can Ambari Help with an Accumulo Install?

Hi,

I have searched the ambari mailing list and it seems that Accumulo may
eventually be supported by Ambari, but at this point it is not.

I want to know if there is some way to have Ambari help with an Accumulo
install or would it be better to deploy Accumulo using puppet scripts I
write myself?

The problem with writing my own Accumulo puppet configuration is that I
will probably have to also configure the hadoop cluster since, to my
knowledge, I am not able to mix my own puppet setup and Ambari.

I have never use the Ambari API but it seems that I would be able to
implement a new Service Resource for Accumulo.  Would this be a large
undertaking (when compared to configuring a hadoop cluster + accumulo using
my own puppet scripts)?

~Robin

Re: Can Ambari Help with an Accumulo Install?

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Robin,
 0.9 doesn't sandbox puppet and is a very old architecture. Its recommended that you move to a newer version 1.2.+ releases.

thanks
mahadev

Posted by Robin Carnow <ro...@goldbot.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.