Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tim Streater <ti...@clothears.org.uk> on 2013/12/02 13:04:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Stopping httpd.exe on windows

I start httpd.exe from a PHP script, using this command string on Win7:

  start /b "" /d "c:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation"\Apache2.2\bin httpd.exe -f z:\path\to\my\httpd.conf

where z: is some drive letter and the backslashes are doubled as they are within a PHP string. This appears to work OK. However, when it comes to stopping it I have an error message. I'm trying initially from the console prompt:

  httpd.exe -k stop -f z:\path\to\my\httpd.conf

and the message is:

  (OS 5)Access is denied.  : failed to open the Apache2.2 Service

What is the right way to do this?

--
Cheers  --  Tim

Re: [users@httpd] Stopping httpd.exe on windows

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Tim Streater <ti...@clothears.org.uk> wrote:

> I start httpd.exe from a PHP script, using this command string on Win7:
>
>   start /b "" /d "c:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software
> Foundation"\Apache2.2\bin httpd.exe -f z:\path\to\my\httpd.conf
>
> where z: is some drive letter and the backslashes are doubled as they are
> within a PHP string. This appears to work OK. However, when it comes to
> stopping it I have an error message. I'm trying initially from the console
> prompt:
>
>   httpd.exe -k stop -f z:\path\to\my\httpd.conf
>
> and the message is:
>
>   (OS 5)Access is denied.  : failed to open the Apache2.2 Service
>
> What is the right way to do this?

There's no "right way" unfortunately.  (Somebody needs to add a "-k
stopconsole" action to do the right thing.)

When you can't hit Ctrl-Break in the console window for an httpd running in
a console, you have to whack the httpd processes forcibly, and hope that
nothing needed to be cleaned up.

> --
> Cheers  --  Tim

Born in Roswell... married an alien...