Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@joda.org> on 2019/09/16 15:58:19 UTC

[math] Preparing for v3.6.2 release

I've started to try and get a release out on the branch to get the
Java module name in. Since I haven't committed in many years this
isn't going to be easy.

I've successfully pushed a small fix directly to the MATH_3_X branch.
I've seen something suggesting that branches can't be deleted, which
makes me concerned, although I was able to delete my branch. Can
branches actually be deleted on git?

I've tried to bring the branch up to date with the v48 parent, https
and so on, but would appreciate someone more knowledgable checking for
anything stupid:
https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/113

The build passes on Travis, but it doesn't look like the Jenkins build
is triggered except by commits on MATH_3_X itself. And since I can't
see the setup of the Jenkins build, I have no way of knowing if I have
actually fixed the Jenkins build. Am I missing something?

In general, are we pushing straight to "master" or using PRs?

thanks
Stephen

Re: [math] Preparing for v3.6.2 release

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.
I’m generally a +1 for this change. I think that minimal upgrades to 3.X are a good idea. So long as other folks are at least a -0 on 3.X changes, I’m happy to help with release preparations.

-Rob

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Le lun. 16 sept. 2019 à 19:26, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Note that right now, builds like 'mvn clean site' in git master fail
> because of Checkstyle violations:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.7.1:site (default-site) on
> project commons-rng-parent: failed to get report for
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin: Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:3.0.0:check (validate) on
> project commons-rng-parent: You have 10 Checkstyle violations. -> [Help 1]

?
The above error refers to "commons-rng-parent".

Running
 $ mvn clean site
within the "master" branch of "Commons Math" works fine on my side
(even with errors reported by CheckStyle).

Gilles

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@joda.org>.
The build upgrade has been merged, and the branch passes Travis and
Jenkins now. If anyone finds anything else broken on the MATH_3_X
branch I'd like to know.

I'll merge the Java 9 module name stuff soonish unless someone objects.
https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/107

Stephen

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@joda.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.