Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vamshikrishna T <Va...@trianz.com> on 2009/11/04 12:48:12 UTC

[users@httpd] IBM HTTP Server admin console

Hi All,

Accessing IBM http server 7.0 admin console 'http://localhost:8008'
after default installation of IHS is giving HTTP 404 'Page not found'
error. As IBM Http server internally uses Apache only, Can someone help
me on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Vamshi

Re: [users@httpd] IBM HTTP Server admin console

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Vamshikrishna T
<Va...@trianz.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Accessing IBM http server 7.0 admin console ‘http://localhost:8008’ after
> default installation of IHS is giving HTTP 404 ‘Page not found’ error. As
> IBM Http server internally uses Apache only, Can someone help me on this?

Try this newsgroup for future discussion of IBM HTTP Server:
ibm.software.websphere.http-servers

The IHS admin console is not a GUI that you access via a browser. The
thing on port 8008 is a service consumed only by the WebSphere
administration console when you're managing a webserver profile.  This
is IBM proprietary, and not part of Apache HTTP Server.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com