Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Thomas Fahrmeyer <th...@einsurance.de> on 2001/01/30 18:53:02 UTC

Properties case-sensitiv ??

Hi,

why are the properties case sensitiv. I would expect that
$user.firstName is the same like $user.FirstName

The method which will be invoked is constructed with appending "get" and
make the first letter upper case, or not ??

What is the reason that the first letter have to be upper-case. Is a error
source for the designer that must not exist (in my opinion)

bye
Thomas

Re: Properties case-sensitiv ??

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Thomas Fahrmeyer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> why are the properties case sensitiv. I would expect that
> $user.firstName is the same like $user.FirstName

It's not.

> The method which will be invoked is constructed with appending "get" and
> make the first letter upper case, or not ??

not.

> What is the reason that the first letter have to be upper-case. Is a error
> source for the designer that must not exist (in my opinion)

Me too. Will fix.  It makes things more beanlike anyway....

Velocity : it's not just a good idea. It should be the law.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity