Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Samiran Raj Boro <sr...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/06 11:36:56 UTC

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Permission denied

Hi,
I am new to mahout. I complied mahout and tried to run
classify-20newsgroups.sh program, but it shows permission denied exception.

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Permission denied
    at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
    at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1879)

I googled around, but could not fix this. Please let me know how to solve
this.

Regards,
Samiran

Re: Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Permission denied

Posted by Samiran Raj Boro <sr...@gmail.com>.
I changed the /tmp permission to 777 but it does not work

Samiran

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.