Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by William-GuoWei <wi...@qq.com> on 2019/12/03 14:34:39 UTC

[Monthly Report Discuss] Dolphin Scheduler Monthly Report on December 2019

Dear all Developer of Dolphin Scheduler,
This is the report of Dolphin Scheduler for December 2019. Please review and give us some comments by tomorrow, after that I will update to the Apache monthly report.

Dolphin Scheduler
Dolphin Scheduler is a distributed and easy-to-expand visual DAG workflow scheduling system dedicated to solving the complex dependencies in data processing, making the scheduling system out of the box for data processing.
Dolphin Scheduler has been incubating since 2019-8-29.
Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:
Make first Apache releases. (In voting progress)
Appeal more users and contributors.
Make more interactive e-mail discussion besides github, wechat
Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?
None
Now there are 42 external contributors.
2 committers were voted to join Dolphin Scheduler committers group.
Over 62 company users is willing to announce that he is using Dolphin Scheduler: https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/57
PPMC is voting for an Apache release 1.2.0 on Nov,27,which includes 9 features and 18 enhancements and bug fix.
Build a CI/CD base on Github actions.
Default DB is changed from MySQL to PostgreSQL.
241 issues created,237 PRs merged .
How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.
Initial setup
Date of last release:
-
When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
2019-11-11
Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
Yes, our mentors help a lot on our firtst Apache Release, including first time on CI/CD, license check, Apache checklist, and so on.

Dolphin Scheduler (Incubator) PPMC Member William Guo Wei

Re: [Monthly Report Discuss] Dolphin Scheduler Monthly Report on December 2019

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> Now there are 42 external contributors.
> 2 committers were voted to join Dolphin Scheduler committers group.

It's good to see 2 were made committers what about the other 40?

> Over 62 company users is willing to announce that he is using Dolphin Scheduler: https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler/issues/57

Why is this important, individuals contribute to apache projects not companies. I guess it nice to know that people are using your project but how is this related to the Apache community growth?

The report also includes a question about branding, which is missing in this draft,  please include your answer to that as well.

Thanks,
Justin