Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jordan West <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/25 02:19:39 UTC

20200224 4.0 Status Update

The board can be found at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=355

We continue to make positive progress. There are 92 tickets [1] that remain
open at this time. We opened 4 tickets in the last 7 days and closed 16
(including 3 of the 4 new tickets). We also added two tickets to the
tracking that were improperly tagged and not covered by last weeks query.
NOTE: this excludes the epic tickets created by Josh as part of his effort
to move the test plan from cwiki to JIRA.

Cumulative flow for the last week shows a slight increase in total work, a
noticeable increase in completed work, and a significant decrease in
tickets awaiting review [2].

Notable Tickets That Need a Reviewer:

- Flaky test fix: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-15308
- BufferPool causing nodes to crash bug:
- Allow EXTRA_CLASSPATH to work in tarball/source installations:
- SSL issue (looks like it might need to be picked up for more than
review?): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14842
- SSTableloader bug (also looks like it might have more work todo besides
review): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14904

Unassigned Tickets (Mostly Test Failures):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=355&projectKey=CASSANDRA&quickFilter=1660&quickFilter=1661&quickFilter=1658

Notable Patches Merged This Week:

- Lots of doc fixes (to many to list here, thanks to everyone involved this
effort!)
- Several flaky test fixes including:
- A  gossip bug fix: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-15592
- Memory consumption improvements in metrics:

Thanks Everyone!
Jordan

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20cassandra%20AND%20fixversion%20IN%20(4.0%2C%204.0.0%2C%204.0-alpha%2C%204.0-beta)%20AND%20%20status%20!%3D%20resolved

[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=355&projectKey=CASSANDRA&view=reporting&chart=cumulativeFlowDiagram&swimlane=939&swimlane=936&swimlane=931&column=1505&column=1506&column=1514&column=1509&column=1512&column=1507&days=14