Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de> on 2022/01/22 16:14:54 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Empire-db 2.5.1 (rc1)

Hello all,

I am happy to announce, that the vote on the release of apache-emprie-db-2.5.1 (rc1) has passed with 6 votes of which 5 were binding.

+1 [binding]: Ivan, Jan, Dimitar, Eike and myself (Rainer)
+1 [non-binding]: Sascha

Thanks you all for participating.

I will now proceed with the release process.

IMPORTANT:
For the future I am planning to provided only bugfixes for the 2.x branch and create a new 3.x branch with a complete API overhaul.
During the years the API has suffered from various changes and has now some inconsistencies and irregularities which should be resolved.
Also the source level should be raised to Java 8 to allow new features to be added (e.g. java.time).

I would appreciate if you have any suggestions or comments on the new 3.x branch which is already in git.
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=empire-db.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/version3

Best regards,
Rainer