Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp> on 2010/01/01 07:24:08 UTC

highlighting setting in solrconfig.xml

I'd like to start working for SOLR-1268 (Incorporate Lucene's
FastVectorHighlighter). In the issue. I think I extend (modify)
DefaultSolrHighlighter to use FastVectorHighlighter, rather
than creating/introducing another SearchComponent and
request parameters. That is to say, I'd use hl=on and hl.fl=field1,
and if field1 is termVectors=on and termPositions=on and
termOffsets=on, DefaultSolrHighlighter.doHighlighting() switches
to use FVH unless f.field1.hl.useHighlighter parameter set to on.

If this design is ok, I need to introduce new sub tags like
<fragListBuilder/> and <fragmentsBuilder/> in <highlighting/>
in solrconfig.xml. But now I wonder why the highligher settings
are in such very original place rather than <searchComponent/>.

Do we have any reason to keep <highlighting/> tag?
Or can we move it into HighlightComponent?

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/

Re: highlighting setting in solrconfig.xml

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
new issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1696

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.