Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/23 19:25:02 UTC

Force kill of JVM corrupt karaf/osgi cache?

Hi my karaf application, currently in development, occasionally get
killed by java service wrapper  due to many reasons.  However, there
are case it karaf just cant come back ( ie some of bundle got stuck in
grace period or just die ). is it because of file system corruption
due to kill -9? and nothing Karaf can do?

Thanks

-D

Re: Force kill of JVM corrupt karaf/osgi cache?

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
The source of the issue is my app running into OOM, where JVM is at
the state where GC is constantly running to the point where JSW
issues initial shutdown ( normal kill ), and finally force kill

Looks like the combination of 2 kills get Karaf cache into corrupted state?

-D

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Dan,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Force kill of JVM corrupt karaf/osgi cache?

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
jsw has a feature to auto restart it managed JVM when problem occurs like:

  - JVM exits by itself either normal or abnormal.

  - JVM hang

in my case, JVM hangs due memory exhaustion, no response to jsw
heartbeat,  not response to normal shutdown request initiate by JSW, a
kill -9 was issue as the last resort

The question here how could it possible corrupted karaf cache which
leads to the need for manual intervention to remove karaf/data
directory to get it start again

-D

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Dan,