Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Frank Habermann <lo...@lordlamer.de> on 2008/12/17 20:53:50 UTC

interactive forms and performance question

Hi folks,

1. Is it possible to create forms in pdf with fop that can be send out from a
pdf?

2. I run fop as standalone for generating pdf's. So it takes some seconds to
generate pdfs. If i would use fop with tomcat is the time better for the
generation process?

Thanks for work and for your feedback.
Frank

Re: interactive forms and performance question

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 17 Dec 2008, at 21:13, Frank Habermann wrote:

>> Not yet. I know someone wrote an XSL-FO extension (for FOP 0.20.5)
>> for
>> that purpose, but this has not yet been implemented for 0.95
> OK. Have you an URL with some informations about that?

<http://studwww.ira.uni-karlsruhe.de/~s_hecht/eine_formularerweiterung_fuer_xsl-fo.pdf

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas

Re: interactive forms and performance question

Posted by Frank Habermann <lo...@lordlamer.de>.
> Not yet. I know someone wrote an XSL-FO extension (for FOP 0.20.5) for
> that purpose, but this has not yet been implemented for 0.95
OK. Have you an URL with some informations about that?

> Definitely. If you're talking documents of only a handful of pages,
> the bulk of those seconds standalone you have now, are spent on Java
> VM warmup and static initialization.
Yes. This is right.

> If you can, then a servlet container would cut those out for all but
> the very first run.
That sounds great :)

Thanks.

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.