Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Eric SCHAEFFER <ES...@Techmetrix.net> on 2000/11/20 08:44:59 UTC

Configuration - Avalon integration

Hi,

Where are we on the Avalon integration ? Do we do it ? Do we use only
.properties files ?
Can we do it now ?

Eric.

Eric SCHAEFFER
Consultant TechMetrix Research
http://www.techmetrix.net
Groupe SQLi
http://www.sqli.com
Créateurs de sites intelligents depuis 1995

Re: Configuration - Avalon integration

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 10:27 AM 11/20/00 +0100, Fotis Jannidis wrote:
>> Eric.
>> Where are we on the Avalon integration ? Do we do it ? Do we use only
>> .properties files ?
>I think we decided to wait for Avalon under the impression that the
>configuration part with it will be finished soon. Didn't somebody write
>on this list, that this will take time. IN this case maybe it would be
>better to do this for ourselves. Using property files would be an easy
>to handle interims solution. As we have already an xml parser ready,
>we could use a simple xml file format which would allow to save
>complexer information formats than the property files.
>What do you think?
>
>Fotis

This was my understanding also, that Avalon wasn't quite there yet.

I am +1 on interim XML property files.

Might I also suggest that if the primary proponents of using Avalon with FOP
(Eric?, Steven?) were to prepare some kind of planning paper (architectural
level) on what the benefits and implications are, that we'd all be in a
better position to take advantage of Avalon when it is ready.

Arved

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"

Re: Configuration - Avalon integration

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.