Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lorenzo Bigagli <lo...@mail.com> on 2001/11/07 13:06:24 UTC

can't install Jakarta-Tomcat 4 on Windows NT 4

I am trying to install jakarta-tomcat 4.0.1 on my Windows NT 4 SP6 box and
I am stuck: the installer complains it can't find a JDK in my computer.

Of course I have a JDK installed, namely JDK 1.3.1_01, in
c:\Programmi\Java\jdk1.3.1_01.
I have a JAVA_HOME variable set to c:\Programmi\Java\jdk1.3.1_01 and I have
also checked the registry.
Everything seems ok but it just doesn't go.

Is it a bug in the installer?

Thanks for helping (feel free to write directly to me, if you prefer).
	Lorenzo Bigagli

Re: can't install Jakarta-Tomcat 4 on Windows NT 4

Posted by Xavier NOPRE <xn...@netceler.com>.
Hi,

> I am trying to install jakarta-tomcat 4.0.1 on my Windows NT 4 SP6 box and
> I am stuck: the installer complains it can't find a JDK in my computer.

I did not have any problems, under Windows NT 4 SP 5 but the found JDK was
1.2.2 (both 1.2.2 and 1.3 were installed in my workstation)

Xavier

Re: can't install Jakarta-Tomcat 4 on Windows NT 4

Posted by Steve Guo <j2...@yahoo.com>.
I have not had any problem with installing tomcat4.0
on win NT4. I installed from the
jakarta-tomcat-4.0.exe. I use a Toshiba laptop.