Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org> on 2012/05/01 16:05:43 UTC

Release process

There was talk about doing a release. I think that would be a great idea.

In addition, do we perhaps want to review our release process?

We end up with 2 votes and it takes about 2 weeks to actually go through
the process of doing a release.

It would be nice to come to a consensus in a discussion, create a tag,
then call a vote. This would skip the freeze, and just put everything
into a tag to be voted on.

Comments? Ideas?

Re: Release process

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.
On 05/11/2012 04:18 PM, Vik Tara wrote:

>>> I think we need some direction or a roadmap in place first.
>>
>> There had many attempt about that in the past (see the wiki).
>> My point of view is that's there are too radical changes in one time.
>> May we have to imagine a more progressive evolution due to the actual
>> community structure.
> +1
>>

>>> ATM there is no real target and I think a lot of use are just creating
>>> our own customisations
>>> and not really getting them patched back into Lenya.
>>>
>>> I am planning to post some things we have been working on within our
>>> company - just haven't yet found the time.
>>
>> +1 looking forward to see that.
>> Can you says few words about this planned patches ?
> 1) Module which provides support for jquery contenteditable
>
> Currently only supports on editable region.
> Planning to create support for multiple editable regions and also
> other contenteditable based editors (aloha is next in the plan)
>
> Basically we took the tinymce module and customised it - but it mostly
> works using the functions that currently support tinymce.
>
> 2) Google maps module
>
> Adds new fields to the meta for each page - where you can add
> width,height and postcode - to generate a map in your page.
>
> Planning to extend this with better control over placement of the map
> and also to offer other widgets like twitter, flickr - that sort of
> thing.
>
> Also - I have 2 trainees starting in about 10 days - each will be
> asked to work on these or a new module as part of their training - so
> I hope
> to see some input from them.

3) Slider Module

Am going to start this hopefully on Monday - to add the ability to
incorporate a slider into a lenya document,
where the slides are editable from the CMS.

Re: Release process

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.

Re: Release process

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.

On 05/07/2012 08:59 PM, Vik Tara wrote:
>> Comments? Ideas?
> I think we need some direction or a roadmap in place first.

There had many attempt about that in the past (see the wiki).
My point of view is that's there are too radical changes in one time.
May we have to imagine a more progressive evolution due to the actual
community structure.

> ATM there is no real target and I think a lot of use are just creating
> our own customisations
> and not really getting them patched back into Lenya.
>
> I am planning to post some things we have been working on within our
> company - just haven't yet found the time.

+1 looking forward to see that.
Can you says few words about this planned patches ?

++

Re: Release process

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.